Latest Entries »

Monday, March 8, 2010

How I Got Started Promoting

Vaughan Adams a musician from Perth Australia and I had known each other for sometime and we had been talking on the phone like we normally did on a daily bases. He was saying during one of our many conversations how frustrating it was not to have the time to keep in touch with his fans...that the music was requiring more and more of his time and he felt like he was letting the fans down.

I mentioned the idea of a blog being posted where he could briefly tell the fans what he's doing, the idea of a video blog and that he should even start thinking of a fan site. A few weeks later Vaughan asked me to do it!

We started up the "Grace On Vaughan" blog on his page which at this point is exclusively being posted on the fan site and that's really how it all started taking off.

I started the blog, put up the fan site, started getting into touch with labels, A&R personal, radio stations and talking to people about interviews. It was long hours and a lot of work ahead of me.